Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Summer in Fall Favorites-Part 1

This week I wanted to share with you guys some of my fave pieces for our (not so) fall weather. It's hard to transition into fall here in South Florida since it's 90 degrees well into October even November. Yesterday it was 86 degrees. I was so excited that I almost busted out the fur trimmed coat. LOL Nah not really. Exaggerating just a bit but you get the point.
I put together a list of great fall must haves that can be worn on warm and cool days with just a little twerking here and there! I will be putting together a look for each of the items on my list over the next couple of weeks to show you how easy it is to work with each piece.
Let's begin with the always glamorous and classic.. (1) Little Black Dress. I'm quite certain everyone of you have this item in your closet. If you don't have, try these or this (cutout and midi-great combo!). No matter what your style is, this piece is a timeless must have! This season, try adding a faux leather jacket, some burgundy accessories and a great pair of (2) Booties to add some edge. And be daring, try an LRD (Little Red Dress) or even a LWD (little white dress) if you want to be a rebel! LOL
Now let's go back a bit to my number (2) item on my list...Booties! Try these (which I have and are gorgeous!) or try these for more height! Again, it's very hard to work boots or booties into your wardrobe here due to the heat. And even worse in The Florida Keys where everyone is always in bathing suits. Well, I for one am daring and do not usually go with the flow, so therefore I will rock my booties as I take a stroll on our 80 degree sandy beaches in December! LOL Not too many sandy beaches here, more like fishy smelling marinas but anyways, technically it's Fall so rock the booties!
On to my next item (3) Ox Blood (aka Burgundy) or Olive colored skinnies! These are great and are on SALE! As well as these. I also got an olive colored pair for my mom on sale at Target for $14. So try their sale rack as well. These two colors are hot, hot, hot this season! Remember strolling the sandy beaches in booties we just talked about? Well, pair them with these fall colored pants and and a simple (4) T-Shirt, and you've got a comfy and trendy fall ready look. Try these or go by Target for very inexpensive basics. Any basic tee including graphic or plain v-necks and round necks works well. Always get a basic white. It works with just about any color combo. You can add a denim vest, scarf and some accessories and you've amped your plain Tee look! 
Tomorrow I will share another 3-4 items with you guys. Until then, have fun with the ones above!

XOXO,
Isa


No comments:

Post a Comment