Monday, August 19, 2013

Sweet Romance

I need to start off by apologizing for my lack of posts last week. I was preparing for back to school and unfortunately, I had no one to take pictures. But this week I do! And now that I've dropped off 2 of my 3 boys for a new school year, let's start the week off right with this refreshing romantic look. I love everything about this...the flirty skirt, the printed ankle strap pumps, the school girl collar, the vintage lace...and the list goes on! 
I'll be honest, I was hesitant  about these "skater" skirts. I always thought how adorable they were when I saw people wearing them but never gave them a chance because of the "fluff" they have. LOL These skirts are not made for us full figured bottoms! They tend to lift up at the back but with some little tricks up my chiffon sleeve, I managed to make it work. And now I love these skirts!
First, I wore the zipper to the side instead of in the back because the zipper made it a littler stiffer which caused it to lift. Then I dug through my drawers and found some all black biker shorts. Yes, biker shorts. Thin and light...I wore them underneath the skirt and adjusted the length to just under where the skirt fell on my leg and got rid of my worries of being "exposed". It kind of doubles as a skort!
This blouse ::sigh:: is pure perfection. It was the perfect complement to the skirt. The lace and collar make it so sweet and girly. You can also wear it with jeans and wedges for a more casual modern look (future post).
Hope the kiddos have a great first day of school and hope you are enjoying your back to school freedom! I sure am! 
Happy Monday!!!
Love, 
Isa











Skirt: Maison Blanche
Tear Drop Earrings: Beauty Mark Miami
Ankle Strap Pumps: Zara
Purse: Shoedazzle
Cat Eye Sunglasses: Isaac Mizrahi
Red Lip Colour: NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil-Dragon Girl (Sephora)


No comments:

Post a Comment