Monday, August 12, 2013
Transitioning Summer Heat to Fall Heat!
It's Monday! Yipppeeeee!!!! Said no one...ever! Unless of course you did an online order last week and your scheduled delivery date is Monday, then you have cause for dancing and singing. I personally love receiving packages. It brightens my day! LOL I'm sure there are many of you who feel the same!
So I wanted to discuss a little something that we're seeing everywhere: Fall trends! Now, I personally have a little problem with this. As much as I would love to dress according to each season, living in year round 80 degree weather makes it a little difficult. One big fall trend is bold outerwear. Outerwear here consists of a light cardigan. It doesn't even begin to cool down (to about 65-70 degrees) until about January). There are those rare and just about a handful of days that the temperature will drop to about 50 degrees or so but by noon it's 85 degrees again. So whatever layering you did, you better make sure it's easy to strip down.
I wanted to point out a few tips on how to transition summer into fall (and winter) while living in tropical climate:
1. Keep wearing those cut-off shorts. Replace the tanks with a light 3/4 sleeve sweater and trade the flip flops for some super sexy pointy toe flats (another summer trend that transitions well into fall).
2. High waist slouchy pants are basically the 'go to" item for 2013. Pair with a crop top (which, if worn properly, should only expose about an inch of skin or less), throw on a denim jacket and fold the sleeves up.
3. Wedges are never going anywhere! I wear my wedges year round. In this heat, you have no choice. Boots collect dust from year to year in my closet.
4. Flouncy a-line skirts paired with a cotton long sleeve tee (or a tank under a light blazer) and flats will keep you cool and trendy in any weather. Add some statement jewelry and ready, set...GO!
5. You can never go wrong with denim. I love my skinny jeans and always will. Pair with a chiffon blouse and some sexy pointy toe heels and stay cool.
6. Any leopard patterned piece works! Use it in different tones as well as the classic black and brown.
7. Black and white (or cream) is always classic and again works in any season.
8. Stay with those gorgeous floral prints (I love floral!), but pair with black, dark blues and any shade of green, which is a very big color this fall.
9. Sleeveless peplums are comfy and cool. Add a light chiffon scarf, some colored denim (pants or shorts) and again pointy toe heels.
10. And finally, mix it up! Pair some fun summer patterns with some classic fall patterns like houndstooth.
Here I put together some outfit ideas. I have lots for you this week so hope you enjoyed these tips on staying cool and trendy this fall!
Have a gorgeous and bright Monday!
Denim Vest: Charlotte Russe
Pants: Blu Pepper (via Hautelook)
Shoes : Guess (old)
Necklace: Palest Pink
Denim shorts: Zara
Necklace: Beauty Mark Miami
Blouse: BB Dakota & Jack (via Hautelook)
Drawstring pants: Kardashian Kollection (via Sears)
Necklace: Beauty Mark Miami
Pumps: LAMB (via My Habit)
Lace cropped top: Bebe (Classic piece)
Pencil Skirt: Target (old)
Necklace: Ell and Emm